Just started really playing again so my previous experience may be out of date that’s why I’m asking.
So here are a few dot points as to why the GS has taken over completely now:
- Prior to the patch (Dual sigils on 2h/rage buff)
– Rage proc was bad (even knowing how to use it properly it rarely proc’d in good situations)
– GS only had one sigil which pretty much meant Fire (some people said hydromancy but I’ll explain why that never worked in a sec)
- GS as a weapon
– Extremely easy to dodge all skills
– WW must be mid cast to use with JI therefore on swap sigils (Hydromancy) were useless
– Reliant on allied control or enemies not dodging
– Good for faking out/drawing out dodges so that other skills land
- Since the patch
– Rage always procs
– Hard to dodge now with rage
– Binding can give you more control over targets you know dont have Breaks, with JI it’s impossible to counter without a break
– You have a bonus sigil, so you can get more damage or survivability
So with all the obvious advantages of using rage now I don’t really see at all why people shouldn’t use gw2 gold.It has bumped the GS from your below average weapon to the strongest guardian damage weapon by a huge margin.